SSHRC May Days 2012
Knowledge Mobilization for Impact
in the Social Sciences and Humanities
The Office of Research Services will be holding the SSHRC “May Days” event on May 23, 2012 in the Robert Schultz Theatre, St. John’s College, Fort Garry campus from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
This year’s theme is “Knowledge Mobilization for Impact in the Social Sciences and Humanities” and will feature presentations on knowledge mobilization and partnerships by the following individuals:
· Dr. Elizabeth Comack, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts
· Shauna MacKinnon, Executive Director, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives Manitoba
· Dr. Rick Linden, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts
· Dr. Amanda Blackburn, Research Grants Coordinator, Office of Research Services
· David Phipps, Director, Research Services & Knowledge Exchange, York University
Researchers, students and knowledge-users/partners are welcome to attend and join in the discussion on how to better facilitate and enable the accessibility and impact of research and to improve research connections between researchers and knowledge-users, which are key objectives of SSHRC’s current programming.
Please RSVP to Amanda Blackburn at email@example.com by May 18, 2012.
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.
There will also be an opportunity to meet with David Phipps following the event for those researchers who might like to discuss their initiatives further.
Please contact Nancy Klos at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting.