The Elizabeth Dafoe Library remains OPEN while the renovations to the main floor are being completed. The main entrance is blocked - access to the library is through a rear entrance facing parking lot B. Directional signs point the way.
Not sure how to get there?
Watch this YouTube video!
see the MAP
While some parts of the Library are still off-limits, the staff are here to ensure that you can use the library and its materials to the greatest extent possible.
Please note the following very important information:
· Effective September 4th, the Library will be open:
o Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
o Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
o Sunday, 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
· Services will be provided from a temporary location on the 2nd floor near the main staircase.
· Archives and Special Collections, the Slavic and Icelandic collections, and the graduate study carrels will remain accessible.
· The Reference collection will be inaccessible for the duration of the construction. However, if you have an immediate need, please call (204) 474-9844 and we will help you.
· Reserve items will be available at the public service desk on the 2nd floor.
· Dafoe Library will not be available as a pickup location for requests. You may request materials and have them delivered to any other campus library of your choice for pickup. There are no external return bins, so book returns will only be possible during hours of opening. Books may be returned to any other unit library. Library locations can be found at http://umanitoba.ca/libraries/about/map.php.
· Dafoe Library will not be available as a pickup location for items requested through Document Delivery. The Sciences and Technology Library, Machray Hall, will offer that service during the renovations.
· During Dafoe Library’s hours of opening, service will be available in person, by phone (204-474-9544), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ‘ask a librarian’ chat reference. You may direct any general inquiries about these temporary arrangements to Nicole.Michaud-Oystryk@ad.umanitoba.ca or call (204) 474-9211.
· Starbucks is closed until further notice. Contact Dean Duff at (204) 474-9982 or email@example.com for information.
We regret any inconvenience you experience as a result of this renovation project.
Watch for updates on the Dafoe Library webpage (http://libguides.lib.umanitoba.ca/dafoe)