The 25th annual Winnipeg Fringe Festival gets under way July 18, 2012.
Several University of Manitoba students and staff are taking to the stage at various venues in Winnipeg's Exchange District.
Heather Jordan, Faculty of Music; Geneva Halverson, Faculty of Music; Peggy Hamilton, a recent graduate of the Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management; PJ Perez, Faculty of Pharmacy; Renell Doneza, Faculty of Medicine and Kelly Jenken, a Theatre graduate, are taking part in Illuminati 3: The End of The World.
The show is produced by Kiss the Giraffe Productions. Jenken is also returning to the U of M this fall to direct The Black Hole Theatre's first 2012-13 production.
Sandor Demeter, chair of the department of radiology in Medicine, will be directing and producing The Optimists.
The Faculty of Arts is also represented at this year's Fringe. The production Orphans is being directed by Department of English, Film and Theatre students Thomas Toles and Kevin Ramberran and stars faculty member William Kerr.
A group of former and current Black Hole Theatre members are presenting Sam Shepard's
States of Shock: A Vaudeville Nightmare through Snakeskin Jacket Theatre Company.
Other Faculty of Arts faculty, staff and students involved in the Fringe are:
- Against the Wall(Christine Reinfort)
- The Agony and Ecstasy of Steve Jobs (produced by Ryan Segal)
- Almost an Evening (Murat Ates, William Jordan, and William O’Donnell)
Bare (David Fox)
- Body Language (Ryan Miller)
- Broken Wings (written by Andrew Cecon, performers included Andrew, Brenda Mclean, and Claire Therese)
- Choose Your Adventure: An Improvised Tale (Luke Cecelon)
- The Darling Family (Megan Andres produces and performs)
- Fresher (Adam Hurtig)
- Lady Skits (written and performed by the MUFF-Stache Collective: Jackie Kozak, Kaitlyn Porath, Anne Tuma, and Dana Smith)
- Maiden Voyage 4: Come Hell or High Water (David Fox)
- Mary and Martha (witten by Veralyn Warkentin. Julia Florek performs)
- Mr. Flatland Comedy (Jon Mcphail)
- Next (Tracy Penner)
- Overexposed (written and performed by Andrea Von Wichert)
- The Seducer’s Diary (Jeff Strome)
- Shades of Gray (Tony Porteous)
- States of Shock by Sam Shepard (directed by Ivan Henwood, Katie Man production designer, and MIKE LONG wrote the music. Performers were: Daniel Chen, Jane Walker, Kerri Woloszyn, Kevin Ramberran and Harry Nelken)
- Stretchmarks (written and performed by Kim Zeglinski)
- Tales My Mother Never Told Me (written and performed by Leigh-Anne Kehler)
- Top Dog (directed by Brenda Mclean, performers included Kaitlyn Porath and Mike Long)
- Tutti Fool (Jeremy Rampton, Jackie Kozak, Andre Mardli, Anne Tuma, Paul Duncan, David Montebruno, Cory Wojik, Jennifer Ching)
Behind the scenes, Chuck McEwen is the Executive Producer, Ken Rudderham is an outdoor stage host, Tim and Xian Webster are Kids’ Fringe co-ordinators, and Teri Stevens is the publicist. Production staff includes Eric Bosse and Karen Schellenberg. Frances Koncan worked in advance ticket sales and Jason Neufeld works Front of House.
Chris Reid, Marketing Communications Office, is also taking to the stage in The World of The Brothers Grimm. The show is presented by Merlyn Productions.
The Fringe runs until July 29.
For show times, venues, and ticket information, visit the Winnipeg Fringe website.