|Welcome to the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) Health Planning Toolkit. This toolkit has been designed to support the regional WRHA New Initiatives process, Resource Allocation and other decision-making processes.
Finding appropriate evidence can be challenging. This toolkit is intended to provide a single point of access to good sources of evidence to help support New Initiative and Resource Allocation submissions, and other planning activities, with current local, national and international evidence. Evidence is broader than scientific research studies, and can include well-designed evaluations, quality improvement initiatives, and others.
This toolkit will allow you to:
Resources with require a current UM Library card to access. Further details are available on obtaining a card. To learn more about effectively searching and using evidence-based resources refer to the Events section on the right-hand side for current course offerings from the UM Health Sciences Libraries.
- Identify credible sources of evidence
- Access databases to search for journal articles and relevant reports
- Directly access journals
- Narrow your search for internet resources with our Google Co-op feature
- Access local, national and international data
- Access WRHA concept papers, directional documents and evaluation reports
- Get assistance from a librarian to locate good evidence
The resources in the Tookit are divided to reflect the WRHA Review Criteria:
- Health Burden
- Health Gain